Friday, January 14, 2011

Fun in the snow!

For those of you who are tired of the snow...try out what Sarah Angliss did..."For some Christmas fun, I added ten bright, white LEDs to the petticoat 0f this 1950s-style dress so I could move around parties in my own pool of light. You can see the dress in action in this video, taken in Brighton on a very snowy night in 2010. I was inspired by the electric ladies who used to perform in dresses festooned with lightbulbs, at the turn of the twentieth century."

"The LEDs are controlled by a Lilypad Arduino which lights them up in sequence. I’ve also connected a cheap accelerometer to the Arduino (just like the one you find inside an iPhone or Nintendo wii) so the circuit can tell when I’m moving."

Read her entire post and see her dress in action at: http://www.sarahangliss.com/exhibits/electric-dress

No comments:

Post a Comment